Friday, April 20, 2012

Must See

There are endless things to do while visiting The Nest.

Gibbs Gardens
A new place that opened early March 2012 is a MUST SEE. It is about an hour's drive or less from The Nest If you like landscaping and nature, you'll want to go. It's a botanical garden with over 200 acres to walk around. It was beautiful!! Cost is $20. It might seem pricey but if you love gardens, want a slow leisurely walk with awesome venues every turn you take, you will love Gibbs Gardens. You can walk around as much as you want, with plenty of places to sit and relax. There is a sandwich shop and a great place outdoors to eat. I had a sandwich on walnut-cranberry bread. The bread is baked fresh by a nearby bakery. It was yummy!! You will be in awe of the beauty, landscape, water ponds, blooming bushes or flowers, Japanese Maples. It truly was amazing. 

They have it designed where every month has something different to see.  Click [HERE] to visit their website. I have a few pictures below from the day I was there but believe me - like we always say - the pictures don't do it justice. 


Here's a close up of that tree. I wish I could remember the name of this tree or bush.  They were all over the place and crazy, full of blooms. One thing about  Gibbs Gardens - they have strategically planted to have some kind of color or blooms throughout the months they are open, which is March thru November.

They have quite a few bronze sculptures, as well.


It had rained during the night so everything was lush and green.
I have a feeling that it might be that way no matter when you're there.

I think we were just before the azaleas and rhododendrons blooming. I think that's one pink azalea in the back there. I can't imagine how pretty it would be. I can't wait to be there in the fall to see the fall gorgeousness!! (Sigh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment